The total number of course participants including speakers is limited to 100, to facilitate interactions among the speakers and participants. The target audience is postdoctoral fellows and PhD students but applications from senior scientists with experience in the area of membrane biology are also welcome.
Selection will be based on the basis of CVs and submitted abstracts, but representation of different topics at the event, and career stage, geographical distribution or gender balance may also be taken into consideration.
How to apply
By the deadline of April 30, 2019
- Complete a registration form order through the registration/abstract submission portal on this event website (https://MembraneProteinBiochem2019.febsevents.org). When you complete an order you will receive an 'order received e-mail' with full instructions on how to proceed with your application and a copy of the order in PDF.
- During this process, upload a single file (accepted formats are pdf, zip and rar) containing all supporting documents for your application:
- for postdocs and PhD students, the name and address of your lab head/supervisor and letter of recommendation
- a summary of your reasons for applying to the event and your research interests (max 300 words)
- a concise CV (max 2 pages)
- for applicants for FEBS Youth Travel Fund awards, your Constituent Society membership proof, age, ID and proof of status.
- Submit your abstract via the 'My abstract' tab in the registration/abstract portal. Abstract submission is optional but recommended for selection to the course and networking at the event, and is mandatory for application for travel grants. See the Abstract section of the website for more details.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by April 30, 2019. Accepted applicants must then pay the relevant registration fee as set out in the table below, by June 14. More details on registration fee payment will be included in your outcome notification, and key points are also given in the terms and conditions.
Registration fees include access to the event sessions, name badge, certificate of attendance, book of abstracts, meals and refreshment breaks, social events and accommodation at Hotel Leonardo, Budapest, as set out in the registration fee table. Travel costs are not covered.
Meals/refreshments covered by the registration fees are breakfasts at the hotel, lunches and refreshements at the venue, as well as the welcome cocktail and event dinners at a restaurant to be announced.
|Invited speaker||0,00 €|
|MSC or Ph.D. student - in shared room||700,00 €|
|MSC or Ph.D. student - in single room||800,00 €|
|Post-doc, junior or staff scientist - in shared room||800,00 €|
|Post-doc, junior or staff scientist - in single room||900,00 €|
|Ph.D. students registered in Neptun||200,00 €|
|Accompanying person||200,00 €|
|Participant without accomodation||200,00 €|
Terms and Conditions
By registering for the event, participants (also referred to as 'you') are entering an agreement with the Course Organizer(s) [https://membraneproteinbiochem2019.febsevents.org/organizers], and you are indicating acceptance to the terms and conditions set out below.
The registration Fee for participants covers:
- Access to all scientific programme sessions
- Meals and refreshments as set out above
- Accommodation at Hotel Leonardo, Budapest, as set out on the Venue/Accommodation page
- Name badge, printed materials and certificate of attendance
- Invitation to social events
Travel costs are not covered by the registration fee.
Updated important information! Unfortunately, the Hungarian accounting system requires an additional 27% VAT on all registration fees. These can be usually reclaimed by your Institute/University.
Methods of Payment
Payments must be made by bank transfer; details will be included in your outcome notification email.
Bank charges are the responsibility of the participant and should be paid at source. Your Name, Surname and Order ID must be indicated on the transaction receipt of the bank transfer.
Following the payment, receipt of the transaction must be sent via email to email@example.com. Proof of payment must be received before the stated deadline (June 14, 2019).
A confirmation notification will be sent to you when organizers receive the fund and confirm your registration in the system. If you do not receive confirmation within 10 business days after sending your proof of payment / receipt of transaction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration cancellation & refund policy
All registration cancellation requests should be sent to email@example.com in writing. For cancellation requests received on or before July 1, 2019, the full payment, less bank charges, will be refunded; for cancellation requests received on and after July 2, 2019, the full amount will be charged and no refunds will be made. No cash refunds will be made for the credit card payments in the case of cancellation.
You should seek and follow the advice of your government before registering and booking travel for the event and before travelling to the event. You are solely responsible for making your own appropriate travel and other insurance arrangements before booking travel for the Congress.
Modification and cancellation of the event
The Course Organizers reserve the right to modify the event programme, which is published as an indication only.
In the event of cancellation of the event, at any time, as a result of any event of 'force majeure' or for other reasons that are beyond the control of the Course Organizers, the registration fee shall be refunded by the Course Organizers but neither the Course Organizers nor FEBS shall be held liable for any other costs or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, financial losses, etc.
Disclaimer and ‘force majeure’
Neither the Course Organizers nor FEBS shall be responsible for any bodily injury/death or property damages (including theft) sustained by participants during the event, unless such damages are a direct result of the negligent or unlawful act or omission thereof.
In any event, neither the Course Organizers nor FEBS accept liability for damages in the event of bodily injury/death, property damage, disruption to travel plans and costs incurred as a result of ‘force majeure’. ‘Force majeure’ (or ‘Act of God’) reasons include but are not limited to: war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, health risks, fire and closure of airports or airspace.
Any legal dispute resulting from the accepted terms and conditions will be subject to the law of Hungary.
- Applications Opening
1 Jan 2019
- Youth Travel Fund Grants
15 April 2019
- Applications closing
30 April 2019
- Closing times: 23:59 (UTC+01:00)